Chatting on Paltalk
EarthSister is normally in the Project At Earth Paltalk room every evening 9 to 11 pm EST.
Installing the Paltalk Program
- Download the free chat program at Paltalk.com.
- Create an Account and/or Sign in,
Using the Paltalk Web Alternative
Finding the room
- Select the All Rooms button.
- The Room Browser window will appear.
- Locate the room under Religion and Spirituality > Metaphysics > The Project At Earth.
- Or search for alien in the search box and press Enter or the Go button.
- The room will not appear if it is closed.
- The room page will show the date the room was last opened.
Using the Paltalk program
- Type messages in the lower white area.
- Fonts, colors and icons can be placed in your text message.
- Use the Control key or the Microphone button to talk.
- Use Add this Room to My Favorites in Favorites to save the room to rejoin later.
- Saved rooms are available under the Favorites menu in the main Paltalk window.
- Turn on Timestamp in Settings to see the time a member typed a message.
- Turn on Join and Exit in Settings to see a text message when members come in and go out of the room.
- Use Save as Default Settings in Settings to keep your changes.
- Use the Freeze Display for Copy to temporarily halt other people's messages.
- Or turn Autoscroll off in the Settings menu to stop messages scrolling until turned on.
- To save text, select and use the right mouse menu to copy and paste.
- Or select text then drag and drop with the mouse to an editor like notepad.
- Using the Save as Rich Text Format document or as a text file works but can, at times, crash your session.
- Drag and drop can crash your session if an instant message pop-up window occurs at the same time as the drag.
- To avoid this possibility, line up the room chat and editor windows side by side so you can do the drag and drop quickly.